As I am going back to work soon, I have decided to freshen up my work wardrobe. I can’t believe I have been off for a whole year already and some of my career looks I have not worn in nearly two years! Last time I was at work, I was full-on in maternity wear. Anyways, my closet needed a major clean-up, which I have done and now I am prepared to go shopping! I really like shopping in store when I am not looking for anything in particular but when there is something specific that I need, I really prefer to shop online. It’s so much faster and easier to find everything you need. Besides you can shop when you have time and over a glass of wine. But careful on the wine or you may have a bit of shoppers remorse in the morning!
I decided to start with tops as the first thing to tackle on my work wardrobe updating list. Tops are great since you can get a lot of wear out of them (matching them with different pants and skirts and as well under some dresses). I scoured the internet, I was disappointed that I was unable to find anything at my regular go-to J.Crew. However, Banana Republic and some other stores delivered. See the tops that are currently in my shopping cart below.
- Pussy-Bow Blouse: This blouse would look awesome under a dress, with a skirt or pants.
- Blue stripe: I love the pleating on the cuffs, perfect way to perk up this shirt.
- Black Neck Tie: Kind of like the pussy-bow version but more glam.
- Pink Ruffle Shirt: Normally pink would not be my first choice, but I cannot resist this blouse.
- White Ruffle Top: I feel like this top is the winter version of all those off the shoulder tops that we saw all summer.
- Black Beaded Top: I love this, enough said! It reminds of something out of Russia.
Follow along as I will be updating more of my work wardrobe soon.