You may or may not know, but s’mores are one of my top dessert choices. So consequently, when I come across a dessert with a fusion of s’moreness to it, you can bet that I’m all over it. A few weeks back, I found this amazing recipe for S’mores Bars, and held out for the perfect opportunity to make them. I *try* not to bake when it’s just me and Terry, so that we don’t end up eating the entire batch. However, I do commonly gift away
food desserts, in our building. We hosted some friends a few nights back and decided to break out this hybrid s’more recipe. I made a few changes from the original recipe and have included those comments below as as my modified version of the recipe.
It was suggested to serve the Smore’s Bars at room temperature. They were good. However, I decided to put them in the refrigerator and that made them amazing! I suggest refrigerating them before you serve them for these hot summer days!
Also, I didn’t have the right size pan, I used a medium sized cake pan and as well as a muffin tin. I would suggest using the muffin tin for the whole batch so you don’t have to cut these guys. They have a beautiful buttery graham cracker crust which consequently can be slightly messy when cutting. So why not avoid it?! Also, we substituted the full size marshmallows on the muffin size ones with mini marshmallows (great idea Terry!). It was a good idea.
This recipe is very easy and I would suggest buying graham cracker crumbs rather then crushing your own as the recipe suggests. Why bother?! Aside from me accidentally dropping the cake pan, which I managed to recover (ugh), this recipe ran smoothly.
Also, rather then putting them back in the oven on the broil setting, I used a kitchen torch to roast my marshmallows. It’s always fun to use the kitchen torch!
So my friends, here is the recipe!
Yield: 18 muffin size
For the Graham Crust:
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
½ cup (99 grams) brown sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
14 tablespoons (198 grams) unsalted butter, melted
For the Chocolate section:
12 ounces milk chocolate, broken up
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
For the Marshmallow section:
1 bag of mini marshmallows, use as many as you like on each one, as you can see I was generous!
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease muffin pan.
2. Mix all the graham cracker ingredients together until everything is perfectly blended.
3. Scoop 2 tablespoons into each mould and press down firmly. I like a thick crust so I was a bit more generous. Bake until they are lightly browned, (10-15 minutes). Remove from the oven.
4. On the stove in a pot on low, place all chocolate in and stir constantly. As the chocolate melts, pour in sweetened condensed milk, a little at a time. Keep stirring until perfectly melted.
5. Immediately pour it over the graham cracker crust evenly.
6. Quickly place the marshmallows on top of the chocolate layer, pressing the in. Place them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
7. Prior to serving, roast those marshmallows with a kitchen torch!